One of my Most Popular Dips!
I love it when I’m invited to a party and asked to bring “a dip.” I have a few favorites but one that seems to be most popular is my individual 7 Layer Bean Dip. You won’t have to worry about anyone double dipping in your own personal dip! These are especially festive around the holidays but welcomed at any time of year!
Individual 7 Layer Bean Dip
Your Ingredient List:
· Small clear plastic cups (the shorter ones, 8 oz I believe)
· 1 16 oz can refried beans
· Packet of Taco Seasoning mix (1 packet per can of beans, depending on your love of the seasoning)
· 1 cup Salsa, store bought or homemade
· 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
· Green onions, finely sliced and separated
· Guacamole (homemade or store bought)
· 1 small can sliced black olives
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Variation Alert: You can also try some black beans, shredded lettuce, finely chopped red and/or green bell peppers or cilantro.
(OK, I know the ingredients will amount to more than 7 layers, but be creative.)
Beginning at the top of the ingredient list, start layering. Mix the refried beans with some taco seasoning mix to jazz it up a bit. Put a little in the bottom of each plastic glass. Then add some salsa, tomatoes, some thinly sliced green onions, guacamole, sliced olives, and finally some shredded cheddar cheese. You can also throw in some jalapeño peppers. Or put a bowl of jalapeño peppers off to the side and let people add them.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Put one tortilla chip in each and a big bowl of chips by these and watch them disappear!