Friday, October 28, 2016

My Notorious Shrimp Dip

When someone asks me to a party or get together, I always want to bring something that, at the end of the party, all that's left is an empty plate or bowl. This dip succeeds in doing just that. It's easy and so delicious that it could be a meal in itself!  It is great with thick potato chips and is equally delicious with a plate of raw veggies to use to dip into it.  The recipe calls for canned shrimp. Don't think it will be better with some fresh shrimp. When you mix this together, the canned shrimp breaks apart and spreads throughout the dip. And it is easily doubled.

Enjoy!

My Notorious Shrimp Dip

1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
Onion to taste, finely chopped (I don't like biting into raw onion so I grate my onion.)
1 small can of small shrimp, rinsed and drained
3 teaspoons of lemon juice

In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients in the order given. Mix the cream cheese and mayo.  Then add the celery and mix. Then the onion and mix. Then add the shrimp and mix. Finally add the lemon juice. Gently mix it all together. 

Now take a small spoon and do a taste test. This could be a mistake if you're making this to take to a party. It might not make it if your self control isn't very strong. 

When you serve it, I recommend that you buy some thick wavy potato chips. It's a thick dip and the thinner chips will break. You could also put a cute little knife in it and you could apply the dip to the chip.  I also put a bowl of celery, carrots, strips of red pepper or any other vegetable you like. Use your imagination. I don't add salt because there's salt in the chips. And during the holidays, I use red onion and chop it finely...it adds color.




No comments:

Post a Comment